Wednesday, June 13, 2007

IT'S NEVER TOO EARLY TO THINK ABOUT CROSS SEASON


I decided i would give those tubular tyres a shot. I was able to convince my Brother-n-law that i could make better use of the Helium Clinchers that he had in his basement. With some help from Les at ECBA i was able to get new Helium Tubular rims and build up the wheels. Les also helped me out with gluing up some used tyres so i could give them a shot and break in the wheels. Might have to buy a fancy new set of tyres for the race season. I wanna be that old guy bringing up the rear of the Masters race with some high $$ tyres...wonder if Costco carries Dugast??

3 comments:

MRussell said...

I was going to write something about going to McDonalds or "you want fries with that" but that would be mean, it's not your fault the tires are red.

Let me know how the tubs ride...

Kevin said...

I Love Heliums! How can you get new ones???
we're riding with mrussell tomorrow!
I'm doing the sm100 too !

SAMBO said...

I got these wheels from my brother in law. They were clinchers, but i bought new rims and rebuilt them as tubulars. Very nice...but i already puntured the front...i need to put some stans or something in it.
I'll see ya in sept.