Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Elliot's Knob Sunday (was it really December?)

Sunday we met up with some old friends and some new ones for a nice long mountain bike ride in the beautiful mountains that surround us here in the valley. Since the last 10 weeks have been consumed by cross on the weekends, i was ready for a really long bike ride. My legs....not so much and my stomach even less. I did fine on all of the climbs, but let's just say it was quite a shock to the system to be turning the granny gear or close to it for the 4 mile fire road climb and then the grueling single track climbs up to knobs. I had the double whammy of not having ridden long climbs for a while and i had caught a stomach bug last week, so the GI system has been out of whack since. Now where did i put that children's tylenol???



Russell and i met up with Marshal, James, Sue, Jason, and Michele. I aparently didn't get the message because i brought a hardtail to a full suspension party. It wasn't that bad, i'm a big chicken on the super rocky stuff rear shock or not.



I brought along my camera and took a few shots of the group:





I told Jason to hop back on for the shot, he said "There is no shame in walking!!"



Gotta love the Valley

2 comments:

MRussell said...

Wouldn't that be Children's Pepto?

Kevin said...

Happy New Year!!! Sambo, Sarah, Katie!