Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Crickets!!! (I should change the blog title to where in the world is Sambo)

Wow! It's been a busy couple of weeks. I know everyone else has been busy too, and yet they still manage to post some comment on their blog. But i did have limited access to computers over Christmas, which i think is a good excuse.

My in-laws were still using dial-up...WHAT THE! They actually made the jump to high speed two days after we left. Thanks Dave! :-)

This was my first Christmas that i did not see my family, which isn't bad considering i am 35. I guess there may be more in my future. Sara and I had a very nice time in Michigan, but it would have been nicer if there had been snow. We are now getting ready for our anual ski trip. We picked a place in Quebec this year, which is not looking so good. We should have gone to Colorado again. D'oh. Well at least there is snow there, and hopefully more will fall before we go. Plus, i can't remember the last time i was in Canada. Keep your fingers crossed for snow in the east.

This weekend there is another cross race, Cobblestone Cross @ pole green park in Richmond. It will be fun to go out and get my race on again. It's been a few weeks. I've taken a little time off the bike, but i'm always training. I'm trying to pick which class to race. Do i stick with the Masters 35+ or just do A...maybe A since i didn't get to race heads up against Mr Horvath all season. (Although from the looks of his blog, he never misses a day of riding, LUCKY!)

I'll try to keep up with my posting, my new computer comes in a few weeks. Hopefully you won't hear the cricket sounds when you check on my site.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Man, even the crickets are sitting around like " What should we do).
I may still be riding a lot, but it's associated with lots of food and drinking. Part of the winter ritual, although it feels more like spring. I welcome you to join me in the A-men, it'll be like old times... The double would be nice too, they're back to back races---masters and A-men! See you then