Monday, January 8, 2007

Cobblestone Cross


So they added another Cyclocross race after the end of the season. I'm not sure why Cobblestone didn't make it into the VACX series this year, i kinda missed racing at Pole Green park. The weather wasn't as nice Sunday as it was on Saturday, but mid 50's is hard to complain about in January, esp after the two races last january in the freezing cold. But this is cyclocross right...it should be sloppy and snowing!!!

I decided to only race A , cause i wanted the most bang for my buck, i guess i could have raced masters too, but they were back to back, and i am old darn it!!! Plus i didn't want to let Deedee smack me around two races in a row. There were only 6 people in the A race and i finished 4th. I was pretty happy with the result, the guys up front were not that far ahead...two time zones tops.

After the race we hit Nacho Mama's with Kevin and crew for some Mexican food. I can ALWAYS eat mexican. To me it's like eating doughnuts "you don't have to be hungry to want a doughnut"

Here are some pic's Kev was nice enough to send to me...


I know it's blurry, but look, I'm second at the start, normally i am DFL by the first turn.

This is as good as it would get for Kevin (2nd) and Me (3rd), it was down hill from here.


Rollin to the finish, you don't post up for fourth, but i had to show off the ECBA jersey. Represent!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been fun starting all those masters races with you this season, but I never saw you again after the starts. I shot those pics Kev sent your way. Enjoy.

Kevin said...

Welcome back to blogging Sambo! It was great to see you, Sarah, and Katie again. Glad ya'll could join us for some grub...
.I have pics from 3 different cameras---Chris, do you really think i'm trying to lay claim to those blurry ass shots??? Sambo knows the D-Fitty don't play dat!

SAMBO said...

Thanks for taking the pic's Chris. I only gave Kev credit for the e-mail.
Blurry ass or not, it's nice to have proof that once in my life i got off to a good start. It's the diesel will a littl ether to get it spinning.

Anonymous said...

Hey, two out 3 aint bad. I shot the first on the fly since I was busy getting out of sweaty clothes when the line-up began. The other two are crystal clear!