Friday, March 16, 2007

First Mounatin Bike Race Coming Up!!

I'm getting fired up for the first race of the season. I'm heading down to Macon, GA on Sunday. I splurged this year and got my Norba license to go along with my Road and Cyclo-cross. I better do a few road races to make it worth while, i can race cross and mtn bikes on just the Norba. I bet ya in a few years it will be an extra 30 for a cross license too.
I'm going to give this new tire set-up a shot. This was Jeffro's idea last year, I've got a set of Kenda Karma LR3 DTC 2.0's that i mounted on tubless rims with Stan's. The tires weigh 450-480 grams a piece which should save me at least 200 grams a tire. I guess we will see how they hold up. I'd hate to DNF my first race. I guess it could be worse, i could have a little trouble like Mr. Horvath last weekend. Maybe i should bring some extra shorts and extra wheels. Do they have pits in XC mtn biking like they do in Cross????

2 comments:

MRussell said...

Best of Luck Sam

Show 'em how it's done.

Kevin said...

I wouldn't wish the problem I had on anyone!!!
Have a nice race