Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Cylcocross....the next level. (over-coming fear of the nut cracker)



Yesterday i finally turned the corner on my re-mount. For years it has been my not so private shame. I always dabbed my left foot on the re-mount. Sad i know, i have been sooooo close for soooo long, but i just couldn't let go. Something deep down (actually about right in the middle of my body if you know what i mean) wouldn't let me make the leap of faith. But yesterday i told myself, just do it you big wuss. It works!!! I still cringe each time i do it, but maybe that will go away with some more practice. A few of my attempts i was missing the inner thigh and landing squarely on the saddle with all my tonnage. This led me to another first....I rolled my first tubular off of the rim. I'm looking forward to the availability of the Hutchinson tubeless ready tires now. Seems like it will be much easier to run stan's than to glue tires to rims.

No comments: