Monday, October 29, 2007

Georgia Cross Race 2, Fort Yargo

Another week another 8th place finish i think (I didn't update the blog after the last race, but i got 8th instead of ninth) I didn't stay around to see the results posted, but Sara thinks i was 8th again. The race was at Fort Yargo State Park in Winder Georgia. My friend Chris lives right down the road so he came over with his dog Mia to help Sara and Katie cheer me on. (Nice bag Chris) The race went well, I got off to a strong start and passed those pesky folks that always out sprint me at the start. The course was much more technical than last week, some roots, lot's of off camber turns, a sand pit, and a short run up after the barriers. My only dissappointment is that i seem to be in this "no mans land" between the really fast guys and the slower guys, actually i guess it's just that i am off the back of the fast group. I need to work on this, next week i will really focus on the start and see if i can stay with the front bunch for a bit. Sara took pictures again this weekend, the battery died, so there aren't many.

I saw Mr. Russell's IF planet cross doppleganger yesterday, from a distance the Orange/white/black team paint scheme could have been confused for the Orange/white/blue. This bike had a carbon fork, which would be nice, apparently it dropped 3/4 of a lb from the bike weight. gotta get one.





No comments: