Friday, February 16, 2007

BACK WHERE IT ALL BEGAN

I am still settling in at the new job, so i haven't had much of a chance to post. The new job is going pretty good, I feel like i have known my boss my entire life. :-)

This past weekend I hit some of the local Atlanta mountain bike trails. I bought my first mountain bike at Roswell Bikes (just outside of atlanta) back in 94, so this is where is all started. I remember my first few rides on my GT corrado that i spent $700 bucks on. I kept thinking i paid how much for a walking stick?

Saturday i hit Chicopee woods over in Gainesville. I have been riding there since at least 95 and it is still one of my favorite places to ride. The trails have changed some over the years because of erosion and wear, but it is still just as fun. They do seem to take out all of the really difficult parts, but i guess with trails with that much traffic, you need to avoid the lawsuits.

Sunday Paul and I went to Blankets Creek in Woodstock. This trail wasn't around when i started, but this park has two nice 4 mile loops of rolling single track. No real serious climbs, but a good place to get a workout in. Last year I took the cross bike down to do a few laps, the only thing i missed was the front shock when i didn't get the front tire up high enough to clear the logs completely. Front forks compensate for a lot of errors. Unfortunately on Sunday, Paul bobbled on a big rock and took a spill. He landed on a rock and had to cut the day short.

I'm heading home today, and next weekend i'll be in Vegas. So i'll have to wait a few weeks to hit some more of my old stomping grounds. If you're heading through north GA, give me a shout, I'll show ya around.

Anyone coming down to watch the Tour de Georgia??

No comments: