Tuesday, February 20, 2007

A moment of Weakness (Wanna buy some parts?)



So i have a problem...an addiction really. I like to find deals on close-out bicycles, buy them and then part them out. My goal is to break even on money, while keeping some of the parts. I know that there is a risk that i won't get my money back, but even if i do end up spending a some money, it works out in the end that i get some nice stuff cheap.


This past weekend while visiting my wife, we took a little trip to c'ville. As with any trip to any shopping area, there is always at least one visit to a bike shop. On this trip there were two. My first stop was c'ville bike and tri to look at some nice FS cross country bikes. I'm thinking the 2002 Giant NRS may need a replacement so i was looking at the options. I like the Anthem and the Epic, but i may just race this year on the Giant and my hardtail and save up for a new ride next year. Maybe someone will put some yellow paint on their higher end bikes. (If anyone sees any sweet deals on an Anthem...let me know) The next stop was performance, this is my favorite place to find bikes on sale that i can part out. I had been eyeing a Fuji Professional for a while that had been in the shop for a while, and i kept waiting for the price to come down. The bike has a full Dura-Ace group with decent wheels and a nice frame and fork, the only problem is that the frame is a 52cm and the cranks are 170mm. Other than that, the price was too good to pass up. Now both the cross and the road bike will be rolling 10spd.





Anyone interested in some DA cranks?? I'll make you a good deal, or i'll swap them for some 175's

No comments: